Born in Lithuania. In 1985 graduated Lithuanian Art Academy. In addition to painting studied stained glass, fresco, mosaic, ceramics and sculpture. In 1987 under the personal invitation of the Union of Artists participated in the Symposium of Monumental Art under direction of A.Karnaukhov in Moscow.
In the beginning of the 90s within several years developed his unusual painting style in Europe. At that time he already held both group and personal exhibitions. Among them:
Group and personal exhibitions:
- 1990 Vincent Gallery (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- 1990 Young Artists Association Gallery (Budapest, Hungary)
- 1991 Vincent Gallery (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- 1992 Campo San Zaccario (Venice, Italy)
- 1992 Vartai Gallery (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- In 1993 the Sheikh of Sharjah acquired one of A.Rutkus paintings for a constant exposition in Sharjah Art Museum. (1993 European Painting, Sharjah Art Museum (Sharjah, UAE).
- 1994 Vartai Gallery (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 1995 4th St. Petersburg Bennial "Spatia Nova" (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- In 1995 The Art Society of International Monetary Fund organized a personal exhibition of Arunas Rutkus in Washington. All paintings from the exposition had been sold. (The Art Society of International Monetary Fund (Washington, USA).
- In 1997 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany organized a personal exhibition of Arunas Rutkus in Bonn. (Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bonn, Germany)
- In 1999, for the first time in history of NATO, the personal exhibition was organized in NATO Headquarters Manfred Worner building in Brussels - the personal exhibition of Arunas Rutkus painting. (NATO Headquarters Manfred Worner building (Brussels, Belgium) Since then the painting of Arunas Rutkus called "Woman", decorates the reception of the Secretary General of NATO.
- 2000 Arka Gallery (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 2002 Vasby Konsthall, upplands Vasby (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 2003 INFRA Gallery (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 2007 Domus Gallery (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 2010 Lithuanian National Drama Theatre (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 2010 Eze Hermitage Art Hotel (Eze, France)
- 2011 Art Cannes (Cannes, France)
- 2011 "Art en Capital" Grand Palais, Champs Elysees (Paris, France)
- 2011 "Salon 2011 Carrousel du Louvre (Paris, France)
- 2011 Vilnius Business Harbour (Vilnius, Lithuania).
Paintings of Arunas Rutkus can be found in galleries and private collections in the USA, United Kingdom, Italy, Holland, France, Russia, Belgium, Austria, Estonia, Lithuania, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Hungary, Spain, Israel, United Arab Emirates. Arunas Rutkus painting, called "Leaf", belongs to a popular singer Sting.